Air Evac Lifeteam pilots provide ACCESS to a higher level of emergency health care for patients with life- or limb-threatening injuries or illnesses. These dedicated men and women put safety at the forefront, and use their unique aviation skills and training to transport patients from the scene of an injury/illness, or between medical facilities.
Our pilots fly the Bell 206 L4, Bell 407/407 GX, Airbus AS350 and Airbus EC130, and must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum, Commercial Rotorcraft-Helicopter and Instrument Rotorcraft-Helicopter Certificate
- Second Class Medical Certificate
Additional Air Evac Lifeteam Requirements
Air Evac Lifeteam operates under the Commission on Accreditation of Air Medical Transport (CAMTS) guidelines. All of our pilots must meet the following minimums:
- 2000 hours total flight time
- 1500 hours helicopter time
- 1000 hours helicopter Pilot-in-Command time (PIC)
- 500 hours turbine time
- 100 hours unaided night time
- Maximum weight of 220 lbs.